Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Larry's Yoga Discovery 2nd Entry

As I discussed in my previous entry, I'm excited about my new found discovery of the practice of yoga.  I'm still in the infant stages of my studies of the yoga culture, but I feel it is has a direct connection to the way that I want to live my life going forward.  I know that I want to be able to grow and strengthen my mind, body and spirituality as I go through this journey of life.  Although I'm not totally giving myself to the Hindu religion and philosophy, I appreciate and embrace many of its ideologies and beliefs.  Although I don't see myself, gravitating towards the religous aspect of yoga, I see myself following many of its traits and embodying many of its practices.  As it applies to my yoga practice and also my real life, I want to see what happens in the next 5 years or so as my practice grows.  I want to see how aware I am of my mind, body, and spirit and how I can affect others around me.  One thing I know for sure its that every time I finish a practice, I have yoga "high", and it's a feeling I can't explain. I could be having the worst day, but so many I just come out of practice feeling like a million bucks.  

Every time I post to my blog, I want to share something that I learned from one of my recent practices.  For example, yesterday I learned that the word "ahimsa" means non-violence, which is one of the subproducts of 8 limbs of yoga.  I've always been a peaceful person, but it's these types of features of yoga that I want to life my life like always.  And you thought yoga was just about stretching, lol.....

2 comments:

  1. Larry, After reading your post I was very curious regarding the close relationship between the Hindu spirituality and yoga. Certainly the exercise can be done without following the attendance of the spiritual path, but how much intertwining is there? This is something that will be very interesting for you to discover on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Larry, I would love to know more about yoga since I've heard a lot about the benefits it would give just like you said it would help to relieve your stress after practicing. I have many doubts about it still but always wanting to try. I need more information to give me more courage though and I hope your blog would give me all the information I'm going to need. I enjoy reading your blog, Larry.

    ReplyDelete