Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My Yoga discovery started in November of 2011, when I broke up with my ex-girlfriend.  My very good friends had been doing yoga for over 7 years and were always wanting me to try it out. I always heard great things but I had many doubts.  So I thought it would be a great way to meet new people and also a way that I could stay in shape.  I've been very physically active my entire life. But most of it involved sports such as basketball, soccer, golf, and various other activities. I also enjoyed running, and completed my first marathon in November of 2011.  But since November of 2011, I've been consistently doing yoga at least 3 times a week, and I've never felt so powerful both mentally and physically.  I'm excited to share my discovery of Yoga with the hopes that everyone can share this feeling of enlightenment.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Larry:

    Yoga is a good discipline for learning to relax. You made the right decision, and doing the right thing. Most GYMs have Yoga lessons. It should be very convenient to join the class if you are membership.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so peaceful by reading your "At the end of every class we usually end with our eyes closed, and our hands close together in prayer at our forehead, bowing and expressing the word "Namaste"" . I went to GYM yesterday, but missed the yoga class then I tried to sneak in a Zumba dance class. The big classroom has two walls made by glass (outside people could see inside), and one wall made by a huge mirror (inside people could see each other by turning around). Since I was a new learning, I always had a wrong direction against the others. I felt embarrassed, so soon, I sneaked out and jumped to the swimming pool. I felt much better in the swimming pool than in the Zumba room.

    ReplyDelete